Hetalia School of Whichcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hetalia School of Whichcraft and Wizardry

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just a bit of light reading.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

Just a bit of light reading. Empty
PostSubject: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 4:17 pm

With a sigh, Roderich browsed through the rows of books in front of him.
"Where is it? I know it is here some-... Ah ha!"
Carefully, he pulled a very thick book from one of the rows. He smiled a bit to himself as he looked it over. Roderich then brought the book back to his table where at least five other books were laid out. He sat down as he opened the book to the first page.
"This is the last book I need. Now for some nice, quiet reading."

Last edited by Roderich Edelstein on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Lukas sighed and pulled a book from the shelf.

Moving to a table, Lukas pushed Roderick's stack of books over to the side and then sat down across from the other boy.

Carefully taking out his hairclip and deftly pinning his hair back again, Lukas then leaned back in the uncomfortable library chair and observed Roderich as he read.

Quickly removing a notebook and pen from his bag, Lukas placed the items next to his book on the table. He then tilted his head up to the ceiling and stared at a unsightly spot as he began speaking.

"Reading anything useful, Edelstein?"
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Casually, Roderich looked up from the book. He then noticed his housemate sitting across from him.
"Well, I don't know if it would interest you, but I am studying for my N.E.W.T.s."
He looked back to his book.
"And, I intend to pass with the highest marks."
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Lukas slowly puffed out a breath as he turned his gaze from the ceiling to the man across from him.

"The N.E.W.T.s?" Lukas leaned forward and laid his head on the table, seemingly uninterested in the conversation that had just started.

Lukas' normally blank gaze had a spark of competition in it as he dutifully replied to his fellow Ravenclaw.

""Hmm? That's nice, though you'll have to beat the rest of us Ravenclaw's first. We are all aiming for the top."
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:32 pm

He flipped a page in his book before looking up; a smirk adorning his face.
"I am up for the challenge."
Back to top Go down
Alek Lundburg

Alek Lundburg

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:01 am

The Dane had wandered into the library, he found out he'd forgotten to get one of the books for his potions class and he was gonna see if he couldn't find it here, borrow it, if you will.

He pawed his way through books, till he heard one word "challenge", and all his focus was gone. He poked his head around the corner to see the two Ravenclaws conversing, particularly the one he had yet to break through, Lukas.

"A challenge? Heeeeey, I want in~" He put his hands on the table, grinning at both of them.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:28 am

Lukas didn't bother turning his head to look at the Danish boy; he could feel the Dane's wide grin burning into the side of his head.

Nonchalantly twirling his pen in his hand, Lukas continued to stare at Roderick, as though trying to probe his mind for all the answers.

Finally, Lukas sighed and sent a small smile across the table to his housemate, not bothering to verbally reply.

And with that, Lukas finally lifted his head off the table and opened his book to begin studying.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:34 am

Roderich couldn't help the chuckle that escaped him. He looked over between his fellow housemate and the Gryffindor.

"A friend of yours?"

Back to top Go down
Alek Lundburg

Alek Lundburg

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:36 am

"Heeeeeey, c'mon, don't ignore me."

He turned to look at the Austrian, "Totally~ Lukas here's one of my best pals!" He boasted with a goofy smile, patting the Norwegian on the back.

"So what's the challenge about, Roddy-cakes? What are you gonna out-read each other or somethin'?"

He looked over the books they had, musical magic, advanced potions, a whole bunch of stuff he didn't really care about, nor did it make sense to him.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:46 am

Lukas flinched slightly as the Dane unexpectedly pat him on the back.

"I don't know him Roderich, I only got here a few weeks ago."

Lukas turned slightly to face Alek, looking up at him through his bangs.

"Besides, why would I want to be friends with a loud dumbass like him?"
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 1:50 am

"Ooooh I see."
Roderich smirked a bit before looking at his book.
"Well, our challenge is probably not the kind you would be interested in. It takes a lot of hard work... and reading."
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:04 am

Lukas turned back to Roderick and frowned slightly at his answer, but gave a small nod of approval at his reply to Alek.

Turning back to his book, Lukas began to take notes on the subject at hand, almost effortlessly ignoring both Roderick and Alek.
Back to top Go down
Alek Lundburg

Alek Lundburg

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:21 am

"Aww, how boring." The dumbass comment not even phasing him, he slammed a hand on the table, kneeling down a little.

"It's still a challenge though, c'mon, tell me, what's the prize~?"
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:35 am

"Well I have been studying for the N.E.W.T.s. und I plan to get the highest grades."
Roderich closed his book and neatly stacked it on top of another. He then took the next book and opened it to a page in the middle of it.
"However, us Ravenclaws tend to be a bit... competitive in our academics. We strive to be the best in grades und won't accept failure."
He glanced away from his book and looked up at the Dane.
"Und my challenge is to be better than the best and out do my classmates in the N.E.W.T.s."
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:49 am

Lukas absentmindedly flipped a page in his book, and shifted a pile of books away from Alek's hand.

"There is no prize. Only success."

Turning another page, he glanced up, half-assing it as he unethusasyically encouraged Roderick.

"And good luck with that Edelstein, though I don't expect you to beat me anytime soon."
Back to top Go down
Alek Lundburg

Alek Lundburg

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:53 am

"OOooooooh~ Sounds fun. Ey, how about this, the loser treats the winner and his pals to whatever he wants down at the Three Broomsticks, eh? Whatta ya say~? I'll get some more guys in on this who'll help ya study 'n stuff too." He smirked, now this was his game, even if he wasn't technically part of it.

He nudged the other blonde, "How 'bout it Norgey~" He tried, coming up with a nickname for the new guy.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:05 am

Lukas didn't even consider the idea.

"No. Besides, I study alone."

Lukas could tell, it was obvious, Alek wanted something from him. And there was no way that he was going to let this Gryffindor distract him with silly games.

As the Dane touched him for a second time in the last few minutes, Lukas began to pack away his supplies, knowing that it would be useless to try to continue studying in the library today.

"And don't touch me. You do it again, and I'll break some fingers."
Back to top Go down
Alek Lundburg

Alek Lundburg

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:13 am

"Awww, such a sourpuss~ You never had butterbeer have you!? You said you're new, so I bet you haven't!" He gloated, almost as though he'd accomplished something.

"C'mon! Let me treat you to one and then you'll think twice about my idea, am I right Roddy-cakes!?" He looked back to the other hopefully, almost nobody wouldn't take up the offer of a free butterbeer around here, or so he thought anyway.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:22 am

Roderich twitched at the sound of his nickname. Shaking it off he shrugged.
"As much as I am more refined when it comes to the occasional drink und do enjoy it at times... I do like a challenge more."
He looked over the Gryffindor.
"I think I would like to take you up on your bet. Loser treats winner und friends to a night at the Three Broomsticks."
Back to top Go down
Alek Lundburg

Alek Lundburg

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:25 am

"Yeah! Alright!" He pumped his fist into the air.

"See Norge? C'mon, it's just a little bit of fun, hell, maybe you'll make some more friends! And this bet is no good if you're not here to stand in the other corner!"
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:31 am

Lukas froze briefy at Alek's butterbeer remark, before continuing to pack away his things.

He was just shouldering his bag as Roderick replied. Though stubbornly refusing to be outwardly shocked at Roderick's agreement to the challenge, Norway just a slight shake of his head.

Who would be involved in this 'challenge' then? Just myself and Edelstein, or are you including yourself as well?"

A bit unsure about what to choose, Lukas couldn't resist asking that Gryffindor slob more about the challenge.
Back to top Go down
Alek Lundburg

Alek Lundburg

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:39 am

"Just you two of course!" He laughed, "I'd just be here to make sure you both go through with it! I'm really not one for studying and stuff like that, but why not make everyone else's lives a little more exciting huh?" He offered, still smiling happily.

There was no way he'd win in this "battle of brains" here, regardless of his own knowledge, he knew that Ravenclaws where always at the top of the charts for the NEWTS.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:49 am

Narrowing his eyes suspiciously at the Dane, he then moved his gave to Roderick who didn't seem to be protesting this challenge at all.

Lukas paused and nodded shortly.

"I will think about it. I will tell Roderick my decision later today."

Raising a hand in farewell, Lukas grabbed his books and headed to the main desk to check them out.

Well aware that it was foolish to even consider this challenge, Lukas couldn't help but be slightly excited. Even though he had put off on informing them of his decision, some part of Lukas couldn't wait to see how this would turn out.
Back to top Go down
Alek Lundburg

Alek Lundburg

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:53 am

"Sweet!" He smiled widely, taking that as a yes.

He looked down at Roderich, "Hey, will you tell me what the decision is later!?"

He really wanted to follow the Norwegian, maybe even entice him to a glass of butter beer, there was just something about him that screamed 'Hey Alek! You should be my friend!' But he wouldn't just up and leave the Austrian, now that'd be really rude.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:55 am

After waving off his housemate, Roderich started to collect his books.
"I too must go. I have some studying to do. You will have your answer soon."
He nodded to the Gryffindor.
"Enjoy the entertainment, my friend, for things will become interesting."
With that, he left with his head held high, clutching several books to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a bit of light reading.   Just a bit of light reading. Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a bit of light reading.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hetalia School of Whichcraft and Wizardry :: General Rooms :: Library-
Jump to: