HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Waiting for a Friend

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Waiting for a Friend   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:32 pm

Lukas sighed as he dropped his bag from his shoulder and took a seat. He glanced around quickly, trying to spy the person he was meeting before shaking his head and pulling out a book.

Still a tad agrivated from the Danish boy's constant presence today, Lukas tried his best to become absorbed in his book on Charms. It seemed like the Dane hadn't left his side once today. And now, Lukas still had to figure out what to do about the challenge with Roderick.
Back to top Go down
Lovino Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Lovino huffed loudly as he stomped into the Hall, making the sound of his loud steps echo against the grand walls, he was still pissed about that Emie in charms class but he was slowly getting over it. After he spotted the one he was here to meet he sat across from him and smirked, "Ciao Lukas" He greeted the other. He tilted his head to a side in thought,"so...why have you ask me to meet you here...is something wrong?" He questioned with a raised brow, the Norwegian boy was a bit of a friend, really he was more of an acquaintance and they would call on each other for help every now and then. Lovino crossed his arms and leaned forward a bit and put his elbows on the table giving Lukas a confused and slightly concerned look while he waited for the boys answer.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:24 pm

Deeply absorbed in his book, Lukas didn't really notice as Lovino entered the hall. Though, he did look up, startled, when his name was called.

"Ahh. Hei Lovino."

Lovino was the closest thing to a friend Lukas had here at Hogwarts. Lukas had bumped into him a few weeks ago; during his first few days at Hogwarts.

Lukas nodded slighly in responce to Lovino's question. "I suppose you can say something is wrong. That Gryffindor boy, the Danish one, Lundburg, he overheard a conversation I was having with Edelstein, and proposed a..."

Lukas trailed off, a bit of embarrassment showing on his face as he continued.

"...a challenge. A challenge between me and Edelstein, to see who can do better on our N.E.W.T.S. I don't know if I should accept it."

Lukas lowered his eyes slightly as he confessed his uncertainty.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Galante

PostSubject: re: Waiting for a Friend   Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:44 am

Raivis timidly walked into the Great Hall. He curled his hands to his chest and looked around, trying to contain his nervousness. He wanted to make it to his table without any...incidents. (Especially not ones involving Ivan Braginski.) He supressed a shudder as the tall boy's face flashed through his mind, and he bit his lip, accidentally drawing blood. Before he could stop himself, he whimpered at the sudden pain. Clapping a hand over his mouth, he looked around, hoping that no one heard his outburst. Realizing that no one was looking at him, he relaxed a bit, allowing his hands to drop to his sides, though he gripped his robe.

Not wanting to draw any attention to himself, he began to walk again. Suddenly, he heard murmurs, and discreetly glanced to the side. He saw two students, Lukas Bondevik and Lovino Vargas, quietly talking about something. Not wanting them to notice him--he didn't know them well and didn't want to make a fool out of himself by accidently blurting out something potentially offensive to them--he snapped his head back to its original position and kept walking.
Back to top Go down
Lovino Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:39 am

Lovino nodded as he listened to his Norwegian friend as he told him his problems, he opened his mouth to speak but stopped for a moment hearing something, a whimper of pain but it was small and didn't last long so he amused it was nothing and ignored it. "Well...I don't know I think you should accept the challenge...I think you could even win if you wanted to...you are a Ravineclaw after all~" He said smirking at the end of his replay, he didn't think houses were all that important but they did reflect the personality of the students who where in them well.

Lovino was about to convince his friend further into accepting the challenge but his attention was caught as someone else walked into the hall, he raised a brow at the boy, he didn't know a lot of people heree so he didn't quite know who he was but he did see that he had blood coming from a cut on his lip, he got up and waved the boy over "hey kid...come here" He called for him, he waned to see if he was okay and also find out who he was.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Lukas tossed what Lovino said around in his head, and gave Lovi a slight nod.

"I am sure I can beat Edelstein. It would be fun."

Jumping a bit in his seat as Lovino called out to someone across the room,
Lukas turned to search for the person.

Oh. "Raivis." Lukas quickly supplied the name of the boy for Lovi. They had a few classes together, though the kid was constantly being picked on by Ivan. Lukas was a bit curious about what Lovi wanted from his timid housemate.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Galante

PostSubject: re: Waiting for a Friend   Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Hearing someone address him, Raivis spun around, nearly falling in the process. Once he was sure that his footing was steady, he looked to see who called out to him.

Lovino? Though he was in the same house as the Italian, he didn't know him that well. In all honesty, he was intimidated by the boy and his sometimes-sharp attitude. Despite the fact that he had no idea what Lovino wanted, he knew from experience--he shuddered again--that it was best to comply.

When he made it to the table, he looked down, not wanting to meet the eyes of Lukas and Lovino. During the walk there, he assumed that he was being called over because they thought he was listening to their conversation when he passed by their table the first time.

Clenching his fists, he took a shaky breath. "I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Lovino Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Lovino nodded in thanks to Lukas for supplying the kids name for him, as Raivis came closer Lovino softened his gaze, this kid reminded him of his little brother. When Feliciano was ever hurt or scared Lovino would comfort him best he could, he could admit he had a sharp attitude when messed with and yet when faced with a young one who was in distress he could be genital, calm and patent.

He tipped Raivis' chin up with his finger and looked him in the eyes, he could see by his scarf and cloak that the boy was from Hufflepuff, he tilted his head to one side and wounder how he didn't know him if they were from the same house but shrugged it off and gave the kid a soft smile to calm him "hey its okay...don't say sorry...no need to" he replayed to him and bent down slightly to get eye level with him "now tell me...Raivis, was it?...what happened to your lip, seems you got a cut" He spoke softly and reassuringly patted the younger's head.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Galante

PostSubject: re: Waiting for a Friend    Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Squeaking at the sudden contact, Raivis stiffened. Typically, people didn't touch him unless it was to hurt or intimidate him, so Lovino's action scared him. The hand patting his head reminded him of a frequent action someone else liked to do, so he retreated into his own mind, hoping that the Italian wouldn't hit his face or somewhere equally visible.

His eyes snapped open in surprise when Lovino spoke.

"My lip?" He paused, brushing his tongue across it. Tasting the bitter tang of blood, he finally understood what Lovino was asking. "Well...I, um, bit it. It's stupid, I know. ...I'm okay, though. Trust me, I've had worse."
He laughed nervously, tugging on his scarf. "Much worse..." he murmured, more to himself than to the Italian.

Before his mind could process what was happening, he found himself sitting on the bench, resting his head on the table.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:10 pm

Heaving a sigh, Lukas shook his head, a small smile appearing on his face as he watched the normally gruff Lovino be so gentle with Raivis. It was a bit cute.

Lukas' face colored slightly at the thought. Well. Not as cute as his housemate Emil. Blinking a few times, Lukas realized that he hadn't seen Emil around for awhile, and made a mental note to go and look for him later.

Suddenly jarred back into focus by the quick movement of Raivis, Lukas looked from Raivis to Lovino, trying to figure out what had happened.
Back to top Go down
Lovino Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:33 pm

Lovino frowned and sat next to Raivis, he had saw the other seem to become tease when toucheed so decided against it for now, it was a bit hard for him though, his inner instincts was telling him to just hug the poor kid close but he didn't want to scare him. So he just sat close, letting his side brush against Raivis', and brought his head down on the table as well, his cheek flat on the wooden surface as he turn his head to face Raivis, he looked at the younger with a soft smile "...you know i'm not gonna hurt you right?...just relax...now tell me whats wrong you seem distressed.." He said softly, he didn't even know this kid, hell he just now learn his name but that didn't stop him from trying to comfort him, he moved his eyes to Lukas for a moment and rested his chin on the table to look at him, he sighed in apology, he had come to see and talk to him not this kid so Lovino was feeling bad for turning his attention to Raivis.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Galante

PostSubject: re: Waiting for a Friend   Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Stupid! You're so stupid! Raivis berated himself. He knew that Lovino only wanted to help, but he pulled away, letting his fears contol him. It wasn't that he hated physical contact (he was actually quite affectionate), but as soon as he felt Lovino's hand on his hair and chin, he panicked.
Great. Now they probably think that you're a worthless wimp! He sighed, removing his head from the table. He knew he wasn't the best at making friends, but even he could see that he messed this up, big time.
Maybe they'll understand if I explain. He didn't want to make his weaknesses known to the entire world, but he didn't want Lovino and Lukas to think he was scared of them.

"Umm...sorry about that," he said. His hands began to shake, so he gripped his robe. "I...I just don't like my head being touched." He could feel himself blushing; he was just so embarrassed. "I'm sorry for intruding; I'll let you get back to your conversation, now."

Bowing his head, he stood up. Great, Raivis, he bitterly thought, way to look like a fool. This will probably get around the entire school, and you'll be the laughingstock of Hogwarts!
Back to top Go down
Lovino Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Lovino's eyes widened as Raivis got up, he gently tugged on Raivis' long rode sleeve and got up with him "your not intruding at all...come on...sit down..i'm sorry about touching you i'm a bit...clingy to people...I tend to like contact is all but I wont touch you..I wont hurt you." He said softly, he was starting to feel like a real jerk, had he made the kid feel worse then before?...grate.

He sighed and let go of him taking a step back "...i'm really sorry...I just...you seemed upset about something...so I just thought I could help..." He said looking down at his feet "recently I...I've been trying to make friends...I don't have many so I just thought that maybe..." he shook his head and glared to the side, he tented to rant when talking, he didn't mean to throw his own problems on the boy and it seemed he wanted to leave so he just sat down and sighed deeply "j-just forget it...i'm sorry...ciao see ya around..." he said in a sad voice that he tried his best to hide.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:29 pm

Lukas just silently sat across the table from the pair. It was a tad painful to watch Lovino struggle with the boy, the same way that Raivis was stuggling with Lovi. Though, Lukas wasn't one to talk. It's not like he had made many friends since arriving at Hogwarts a few weeks ago.

Well... Other then Lovino and maybe Roderick, if this challenge between him and Roderick made them friends. There was also Alek, though Lukas couldn't stand the Gryffindor, but he did constantly hang around Lukas.

Lukas raised a hand up and brushed his bangs from his eyes before returning to his textbook. Though he did want to continue watching the scene across the table with Lovino and Raivis, if Lukas planned on winning this challenge, which he most certainly did, then he would have to keep on studying.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Galante

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:23 pm

The tone in Lovino's voice made Raivis sit back down. He doesn't have many friends either? The thought made him sad, for some reason. He tried as best as he could to smile at the Italian.

"We...we didn't have that good of luck before, so can we start over?" Raivis shyly looked down, tugging on his robe again. If this works, Lovino will be my first friend, this year. Maybe Lukas too... He doubted that the intelligent-looking Ravenclaw would want to be friends with a nobody like him, but since he seemed to be friends with Lovino...It's worth a shot. The worst he could do is reject me. That's nothing compared to... He inwardly winced, pushing all thoughts of his tormentor out of his mind.

He held out a trembling hand. "I'm Raivis Galante. I'm a fifth-year in Hufflepuff."
Back to top Go down
Lovino Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:40 pm

Lovino looked at the boy with shock, he wantd to try and be friends...friends...Lovino smiled slightly and took the boys hand in his shaking it gently "...Lovino Vargas....6th year Hufflepuff" He said happily and looked over to Lukas and gave him a sharp nod as if to say 'tell him your name and stuff' he then looked back to Raivis and smiled.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:49 pm

Lukas glanced up from his book, giving Lovino a sharp glare in return. He allowed an ominous aura to seep around him as he looked darkly at Lovino.

Shaking his head quickly and allowing the aura to dissipate, Lukas turned to Raivis and gave him the largest smile possible for. Well... Lukas. Which wasn't very big.

"Lukas Bondevik, 7th year. Ravenclaw. If you ever need help with a class, I'll probably find some time to help."

Glancing around the great hall, Lukas could see more people gathering. It was nearing breakfast, or was it lunch? Either way, it was getting crowded.

"Sit down. You can eat with us."
Back to top Go down
Raivis Galante

PostSubject: re: Waiting for a Friend   Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:14 am

Raivis was startled when Lukas smiled (or at least attempted to smile) at him. He was also even more startled to hear his offer to help him if he was having trouble in a class. He definitely didn't expect that; Lukas was known to be very cold, at least that was what Raivis heard.
However, his mouth nearly dropped open when he heard the older boy invite him to stay at his table for lunch.

"Are you sure? Aren't the tables seperated by house? I don't want to get you in trouble!" At that, Raivis's shoulders began to shake. According to his logic, getting someone in trouble led to said person hating him and making his life miserable. He really didn't want to have two people to live in fear of; one was already too much for him to handle.

However, he was hoping that Lukas wouldn't care, and that he could sit with the cold Ravenclaw and Lovino. Sitting at the end of the Hufflepuff table with no one next to him was starting to get disheartening. He didn't think that no one noticed him; he assumed they thought he was bad luck because of...

Ivan. As the name appeared in his mind, he shuddered, unconciously moving closer to Lovino. Maybe if I became friends with them, Ivan will leave me alone. He wasn't sure that would ever happen, but he allowed himself to hope. The little warmth it brought filled his heart, causing him to smile, a rare expression for him.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:25 am

Lukas gave a little shrug at Raivis' question.

"They are, but nobody seems to really care. Just sit down, you are blocking the path for people."

Lukas could see the other students moving around Raivis, a tad disgruntled since he was just standing inbetween the tables.

Obviously, the young Hufflepuff was very... skittish. With how he kept shuddering and shaking, along with all the pointless questions, it was obvious that the boy had a problem with something.

Ivan...? Wondered Lukas absently as he watched Raivis' shoulders shake. Maybe... Letting those thoughts drift away, Lukas smiled again, hopefully, encouragingly, as Raivis seemed to calm down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Galante

PostSubject: re: Waiting for a Friend   Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:17 am

Realizing that he was indeed blocking the way, Raivis sharply inhaled and immediately sat down. When he saw the disgruntled looks of the students whose path he was blocking, he thought of slapping himself.
What if one of them was Ivan, huh? You'd be in for it! In front of Lukas and Lovino, too! He sighed, attempting to push the pessimistic thoughts from his mind. Between inwardly beating himself up and Ivan, he never got any peace. It was no wonder he was so small and thin.

"Sorry," said, apologizing yet again. He knew that he was being repetitive, but he couldn't help himself. Inhaling deeply, he tried to calm himself down and attempt to start an ordinary conversation. "So...what were you guys talking about before?"

As soon as the words left his mouth, Raivis felt like slapping himself again. A stinging pain on the side of his face let him know that he actually did. Idiot! What if it was something serious, like someone died! And the slap? They probably think you're a spastic nut! Way to ruin your chance of befriending them. I guess Ivan will be your only source of social interaction...
Swearing in his native language, Raivis stiffened and grimaced, forcing a laugh. Maybe I can laugh this off...

"So sorry about that; I can be so stupid sometimes. Well, a lot of the time! I wonder what we're going to have for breakfast! Or was it lunch? See, I'm an idiot!"

Raivis knew he was babbling, but anything was better than the quiet condescension of his thoughts. He was starting to feel sick, but he chalked it up to not having anything to eat yet. Maybe if eat, I'll stop making stupid comments...
Back to top Go down
Lovino Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Lovino seemed to almost completely ignore Raivis' self harm, the only thing to show that he had noticed it was when he took the boys face gently in his hands and looked at the cheek he smacked to make sure he hadn't really hurt himself. As he looked the boy over he spoke, "Its no big deal...if we get moved to the Hufflepuff table ill still sit with you." Once he thought Raivis was okay he let go of him and smiled at him "and we were talking about nothing much..." He answered the boys question as he smirked at Lukas "Lukas here was just telling me about a challenge he had gotten into...tell em Lukas~" He smiled at Raivis "and I think were having lunch right now..." He said as he looked around. After he saw the other students give Raivis harsh looks he growled and glared daggers at them "...what are you looking at bastards...keep moving before I rip your nuts off and stuff them down your mouth" He growled out at them.

In his first few years he had let it slip he was in the mafia and then he almost killed a fellow housemate when they were making fun of him, it went around school that he was not to be messed with, and that was partly why he didn't make friends so well, so when he growled and threaded the students passing they all stumbled to get away from him.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Galante

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:46 pm

When Lovino gently held Raivis's face in his hands, Raivis stiffened, but didn't flinch away this time. He looked at the Italian boy, shame in his eyes, as he inspected his probably-swelling cheek.

Once Lovino let him go, Raivis seemed to deflate, resting his head on the table once more. Though his body was still shook with tiny trembles, he was no longer afraid, at least not of Lovino and Lukas.

He picked his head up when he heard Lovino mention something about Lukas and a challenge. "A...challenge?" he questioned, interested. Despite his timid nature, he was quite inquisitive, and was instantly interested by these new developments.

A smile briefly appeared on his face until he saw and felt students looking at him harshly. Why do they hate me? He hung his head until Lovino yelled at them. They scurried away, and Raivis couldn't help smiling once more.

"Thanks." He thought Lovino was too tough to care about someone as nervous and small as him, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that his assumption was wrong. Despite the boy's sometimes-intimidating demeanor, Raivis was happy that he was his first friend.
Back to top Go down
Lukas Bondevik

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:05 pm

As Lovino cursed at the students around them, Lukas watched the two Hufflepuffs across from him interact, and smiled softly.

Lukas could easily remember when Lovino's mafia status was revealed to the rest of the school. Personally, it didn't bother him much, partially because the other boy was a few years below him but also because Lukas just didn't care.

The whole thing with the challenge, it was kinda embarrassing. Lukas didn't want to have to explain it again, but Raivis looked like he needed a distraction.

"An annoying Dane in Gryffindor overheard Edelstein and I talking about the N.E.W.T.s, and proposed a challenge. Edelstein accepted. I'm thinking on it. Who ever loses and gets the worst grade on the N.E.W.T.s later this year has to pay for the winner's butterbeers..."

It was so stupid. Why should he even accept, it was only a suggestion from that numbskull of a Gryffindor.
Back to top Go down
Raivis Galante

PostSubject: re: Waiting for a Friend   Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:28 pm

After hearing Lukas's explanation, Raivis tilted his head. "Personally...if it were me, I would have turned him down. I'm...I'm not smart enough. But you? I think you could beat them! Edelstein's such a priss, and the Dane's loud. You're smarter than them; I'm sure of it!"

Realizing that he just insulted two people in one comment, Raivis's eyes widened. He looked around, hoping with all his heart that Edelstein and Lundburg weren't nearby. At least you didn't insult Ivan this time...

He felt himself stiffening, but forced himself to relax. There's nothing to be afraid of, here. He repeated the mantra in his mind once more before looking back at his two friends.

"I say go for it, but you don't have to listen to me. Do whatever you want. But if you do accept the challenge, good luck. I'll be rooting for you."

Suddenly, his stomach growled loudly, and he blushed embarrassed. Discreetly pulling his hand inside his robe, he lightly punched his stomach, trying to get it to shut up. It seemed to work, but the pain that had just disappeared had returned with a vengence.
Great. Just great. He took a deep breath, trying to focus on anything else Lukas or Lovino had to say.
Back to top Go down
Lovino Vargas

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:54 pm

Lovino nodded as Raivis told Lukas what he thought of the challenge and blinked as he heard the younger's stomach growl for food, he smiled fondly at him and got up offering is hand forhis fellow housemate to take and chuckled at him "your hungry si?...the food will come appear on the table soon but I feel like walking for a bit...come on ill get you something...why dont we eat outside hmm?" He offered with a smiled then turned his head to Lukas "you want to come?"he asked the other.

Lovino had a thing about being outside, he would often be seen just siting there, but at night was what he loved the most. People once called the head master to make sure he wasn't up to something, he would sit outside alone and just look up to the night sky. He was odd like that, and some would say he reminded them of a wolf as he gazed up at the moon, and his eyes would sometimes glow an odd yellow as he looked up at the moon. (get it..wolf... Italy's national animal...yeah~ Wink )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for a Friend   

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a Friend
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next